Friday, April 17, 2009

Gardening

I was reading my devotional book for mothers this evening and the devotion for today inspired me to put it in my blog....well at least an excerpt. It ties really nicely into my previous posting with "planting the seeds of faith" in my children. Here it is:

"My job was to plant the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God, not we, who made it grow."

1 Corinthians 3:6

"It's easy for us to get frustrated when, after diligently planting seeds of righteousness in our children and watering those seeds with prayer, we don't see green sprouts emerging through the dirt. It's easy to wonder where we went wrong. But we have to remember where our job ends and God's begins. He promises that, if we are faithful to sow seeds and provide regular watering, He will be faithful to bring increase.

-Renee Gray-Wilburn"

No comments: