Sunday, September 13, 2009

My "Bad Mommy" Moment

Ok, all you Mommies out there....you know you have 'em. And the Dads out there are not immune either. I'm talking about "bad parent moments." You know, the moments you wish you could push the "rewind button" on and do a do-over.

Well, I don't seem to have them too often but this is one that happened recently that I thought I'd share. I'm sure every parent can relate to it.

Those who know me or read this blog know that I have 3 children....2 boys and a girl, who is the youngest. Well, the boys lately seem to be outgrowing shoes so much my husband and I have seriously considered buying some stock in Payless Shoe Store. Even in this down turned economy, everyone's gotta have shoes and my boys have been making sure we've been stimulating the economy for shoe retailers. Every time we turn around, they have worn a hole in the soles of their shoes. They MUST be twirling on their feet every day....that's the only explanation for how they wear holes in their soles so quickly (or poor workmanship, but I digress...).

Well, recently my 3 year old daughter has been complaining (though not too often) that her shoes hurt her feet. So, I put on my mental "To-do list" to take her shoe shopping soon. A few days later, I turn on my computer and as it boots up I once again look lovingly at the computer desktop picture of my 3 gorgeous angels. Then something catches my eye. It's the shoes on my daughter's feet. They're the exact same ones she's wearing today....only the picture was take A YEAR AGO! We hadn't bought that child shoes in a YEAR! We took her shoe shopping today and found not only were her feet NOT the size 7 shoe she was wearing (DUH!) but she is wearing a SIZE 9! Maybe she needs to do a little more twirling in her shoes....

No comments: